Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dual-Proprietor Jewish Delis In Which I Have Noshed #1 Jerry & Harvey's

Pickles: Dills, garlic dills, and half-sours made for a nice selection of cucumber-based pickled vegetables, but our bowl was sadly lacking in sour tomatoes. The surprising and welcome inclusion of the garlic dills made up for it, though.
Matzoh Ball Soup: Just like Mom-mom's. Homemade broth featured a large, medium-density ball. Chicken pieces, carrot slices, and skinny noodles rounded out the old-fashioned treat. Very traditional, but too realistic for my taste. I prefer my steaming Seder starters saltier.
Corned Beef Sandwich: Not too big, thankfully, and I still took half of it home. Rye bread was a little thin. The corned beef was nicely marbled and served warm.
Cole Slaw: Like the matzoh ball soup, very fresh and homemade feeling. Crispy, but could have used a little more snap.
http://morristowndeli.com/onlinemenu/images/P5020003.jpg

Thanks to El SeƱor!

1 comment:

Brian said...

I havent had some good Jewish food in ages. I really need to get back to my roots.